Monday, May 2, 2011

Missed Races and Misplaced Modifiers

Catch up on the newest news at your local cycling website. I've missed "covering" too many races in the last few weeks (due to a mixture of flying and general laziness) to try and rehash them now. I guess if I had to sum it all up I'd say each race looked tiring.

While sitting around eating a taco made with somewhere between 36% beef and 88% beef, I read this article from our friendly neighbors to the north:

I understand the law requiring children to wear helmets, but what I don't understand is why a car would wear a helmet. Apparently, the car that struck the child was built prior to 1995.

Speaking of flying, which I did in an aside in the first paragraph, the lessons aren't going too badly. I'm at the point where I understand what I want the airplane to do and (mostly) how to make it do that; the trouble I'm having is actually translating that into smooth flying and landing. I guess if you like to be scared shitless while landing than I'm your pilot.

Disclaimer: this is not a video of me landing - this person is much better.



My flight instructor keeps telling me he has no reservations about my progress and says I'm right on track, but I think he is just being nice - nice enough to let me fly by myself so that he doesn't have to experience the terror anymore.

I'm off to bed. I actually rode today, bringing my weekly average over the last month to a whopping five miles per week. But no need to fear, I wear my helmet no matter how far I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment