Thursday, October 1, 2009

Action Packed Action

Heading down to Oktoberfest tomorrow. Second time this year. Third time in the last five years I've lived in Germany - not a great percentage.

Next weekend I'm traveling to Iceland. That should be quite interesting as it will be my first time there. Penny and I have a cave tour lined up for one of the days were up there. Hopefully it doesn't turn out like that movie The Descent. And by that I mean crappy. In all fairness I haven't seen that movie, so to label it crappy would be rushing to a completely uninformed review. Though I bet that movie is crappy, really crappy.

October is looking pretty jam packed on the weekends, what with Oktoberfest this weekend, Iceland the following, and a possible trip to Vienna during the last weekend. So what else is a man to do but plan a trip to Italy for the third weekend of the month. Penny will be back in the States, so that allows me to head to Italy and purchase a road bike. I currently own a Bianchi 928, but I've been in negotiations with a bike dealer near Vincenza who can give me a good deal on a new Colnago (or Bianchi, but I think I'm going to get a Colnago). I'm pretty excited about the possibility of getting a new bike. I like the one I own fine, but a new, sexy bike would be the cat's meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment