Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bikes, Beats, Cats, Beer

Crappy weather lately. Not crappy enough to totally dissuade you from doing any outdoor activity, but enough to make you hesitate. The last two days it has looked like it's going to rain, so I haven't ridden, not wanting to get caught in any downpours. Then to just stick it to me, it sprinkles for about 5 minutes and that is the extent of Mother Nature's fury. What I have done the last two days though is run; first time in about six weeks. Monday I ran while Penny followed on her bike. I totaled about 4.5 miles that day and a little less than 3 yesterday as a warm up to a very worthless gym session. Got out on the bike today though. While it didn't rain, Mother Nature got me once again. Within the first two miles my hands were frozen and I feared for my future of my fingers (dropping the f-bombs!). So I cut my ride short and now the sun is out and the birds are singing, there are girls sunbathing on the sidewalk, a random Mavic support car is driving around aimlessly looking for a rider in need of help.

Like the block in basketball or the outfield assist in baseball, the drum solo is a much overlooked moment of excitement. Here, Chris Pennie, the drummer for Coheed and Cambria (far and away the greatest band out there) smacks his sticks across his drum set for your enjoyment. He introduces his solo and explains what he is going to do. Really it is a drawn out way of saying that he is going to blow everyone's f-ing brains. But being a college educated fellow (he attended Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA for two years and received a degree in music synthesis) he was a little more eloquent. I also have a feeling he did't want to piss off his fellow Cats such as Steve Vai, Rivers Cuomo, Gavin DeGraw, Paula Cole, and The Click Five. On second thought, I bet, like everyone else, he doesn't really care about The Click Five.



Sorry folks, no beer this installment. Penny just reminded me that today is Cinco de Mayo. So instead of going to a brewery today, we are going to eat dinner at the only Mexican restaurant we know of in town. Mexican food in Germany; if I'm able to I'll be sure to report on the experience later.

No comments:

Post a Comment